6 ways Apty helps Digital Innovation leaders to accelerate their Digital Transformation strategy
In today’s rapidly changing technology landscape, simply investing in new technology isn’t enough. Many organisations have appointed Digital Innovation leaders. It is their responsibility to maximise and optimise the usage of available technologies with the objective of improving business processes and helping their organisation to achieve its digital transformation goals.
But how can they do this?
First and foremost Digital innovation leaders need a Digital Adoption Platform (DAP). Why? A DAP such as Apty ensures successful software adoption at the same time as enabling the organisation to analyse its impact.
Here are 6 ways Apty can help digital innovation leaders accelerate their Digital Transformation strategy:
- Identifying, measuring, and strategising innovation
- Ensuring successful transfer of information
- Creating a customised experience
- Understanding changing customer needs
- Aligning innovation with business goals
- Re-examining and optimising their innovation strategy
1. Identifying, measuring, and strategising innovation
Organisations that can quickly adopt new technologies will be more successful and able to stay ahead of the competition. However, just as the need to innovate has increased, so too has the rate of innovation – making it hard to keep up.
Introducing a new application or technology impacts many processes and systems making the implementation process complex.
Analytics is key when implementing new technology. With Apty, you can analyse how employees are using the software so that you can identify any issues and adapt your digital adoption strategy accordingly. Whether that’s by updating processes, bringing in new applications or simply by providing extra support.
Businesses are under constant pressure to innovate fast. Apty accelerates your innovation by giving you visibility over your data so that you can measure its impact and define more informed strategies.
2. Ensuring the successful transfer of information
For innovation to be successful, it needs to be communicated clearly to avoid any uncertainty amongst employees and other stakeholders. And, traditional communication channels such as email can no longer be relied upon to ensure your message is received.
The average open rate of email communications is just 21%.
With Apty, you can communicate changes and updates within the application that the employee is using. This appears as an announcement pop-up which won’t close until the user has read the message and taken the desired action (such as launching a walkthrough or video). This ensures that the information is seen.
3. Creating a customised experience
Investing in technology and creating a proper business process is only the beginning. Innovation leaders need to ensure that employees are not only using the software but doing so successfully. According to Udemy’s recent workplace learning trends, lack of time is a major obstacle to achieving this.
Apty gives Learning and Development professionals tools that enable them to not only create content faster but also offer an enjoyable employee experience.
With traditional authoring tools, the content creation time can range from 49 hours to as much as 125 hours.
With Apty, you can create the same content in several formats, in just a couple of hours.
Apty’s primary content tool is a walkthrough that grabs the user’s attention and helps them focus better. The content can even be tailored to the user. Furthermore, it is possible to convert walkthroughs into PDFs, PowerPoints, knowledgebase articles and videos. All this content can be housed within the application that the employees use which again improves the experience since they can access everything without leaving the application.
Apty’s in-app help widget acts as an information repository from where users can access help articles, videos and guided workflows. With Apty, users learn by doing and without leaving the application (or their desks).
4. Understanding changing customer needs
Whilst surveys and one-to-one conversations help with understanding how your customers are using your application or services, many aspects will still go unnoticed. When innovating customer processes, it is important to be able to track and analyse these changes to see if they are a success.
With Apty, you can continuously analyse how your users are navigating your product. Apty's dashboard gives you a clear overview of your users' experience, allowing you to drill down to the exact step where they might be struggling. It can also uncover user trends. This insight helps you identify where improvements can be made to get even better results.
5. Aligning innovation with business goals
If your company’s innovation goals are not aligned with your business objectives, it will be very difficult to generate any real impact from them.
It is important to know your organisation’s vision in order to understand how your innovation efforts can contribute to it. Once this part is set, the organisation should divide these goals into smaller, more manageable objectives.
The next step is to create an objective funnel in Apty. This will help you to track how well you are sticking to your goals so that you can identify any risks and proactively plan your next steps.
6. Re-examining and optimising your innovation strategy
Digital innovation is an ongoing process. Leaders should regularly analyse important KPIs and adjust and optimise their innovation strategy accordingly.
Apty can help track key indicators such as:
- Error trends: the average time end-users spend on a particular activity – are some activities taking longer than expected?
- Active users: the total number of users and how this increases/decreases over time.
- Average session time: the average time of each user session to help understand how much time users are spending on the application.
- Usage per segment: the usage rate based on segmentation can help you identify user groups who are or are not regularly using the new applications or technologies.
- Content usage: You can also analyse the rate of usage for the content deployed by the L&D team. Based on this, you can optimise the training content strategy.
- Goal completion rate: tracks the users who have completed their tasks and achieved the goal in a defined time.
- Probability of completion: This metric helps your organisation to be proactive with its digital adoption as it estimates whether the software adoption is at risk or not.
The job of a Digital Innovation leader is challenging. They need to invest in the right tools that will allow them to strategically handle their organisation’s digital transformation and then monitor and prove that their investment is working!
Apty’s AI-powered Digital Adoption Platform helps organisations to make the most of their technology. It not only helps end-users navigate within the application but also provides useful insights that can transform your digital adoption efforts. It allows Digital Innovation leaders to make crucial calls to improve their digital innovation strategy and drive the adoption of complex yet innovative applications.