Featured image
Doctor laptop

Mobile healthcare professionals get safe and role-based access to their applications and documents with Workspace 365

Oktober (formerly RSZK) is a healthcare organisation which is committed to offering personalised care to vulnerable elderly citizens. Since healthcare professionals often work on location, such as home visits, at the care home or hospice, they were looking for a mobile workspace for 1,200+ employees.

Book a Workspace 365 demo


Oktober on the new workspace

“We were working via Citrix on our own infrastructure, however partly due to the high costs as well as other needs, change was necessary. Therefore we spoke with our IT service provider, Simac, about a dashboard that was workspace independent. We wanted to transition to a browser-based workspace with which employees could safely use SaaS solutions. Subsequently, they helped us to completely transition to the online workspace, Workspace 365 within four months”, says Jaap Veerhoek, Business Operations Manager at Oktober.

IT service provider Simac introduced Workspace 365 and the new Oktober dashboard was born, in which Microsoft Office 365 and all applications, such as mijnCaress, AFAS and Ortec are available after logging in once, with just one click, on any device. The new dashboard shows applications based on user roles so that employees only see the applications they need. Over 80% of the employees work completely online, whilst the other 20% also use local Office applications, which are also integrated. 

Security of online workspaces

“Data security is very important. By establishing risk profiles, we prevent employees from, for example, opening client files in ways that are not sufficiently safe. Therefore our employees always start by logging into Workspace 365 through Multi-Factor Authentication. From there, users can launch all their applications, without having to constantly enter their username and password (Single Sign-On)”, says Maik Berkelmans, IT Architect at Oktober.

Book a Workspace 365 demo