Intelligent automation (IA) refers to the use of technology, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, to automate tasks that typically require human intelligence. This can include tasks such as decision-making, natural language processing, and image or speech recognition. The goal of intelligent automation is to improve efficiency and accuracy and to free up humans to focus on more complex and creative tasks.
What are the benefits of Intelligent Automation (IA)?
- Increased efficiency: Automating tasks can speed up processes and reduce errors, leading to increased efficiency and productivity.
- Cost savings: Automation can help to reduce labour costs, as well as other expenses such as energy consumption.
- Improved accuracy: IA systems can be designed to make fewer errors than humans, leading to increased accuracy in processes such as data entry and analysis.
- Increased scalability: Automation can help to scale up processes quickly and easily, without the need to add more human resources.
- Better decision-making: IA systems can analyse large amounts of data and provide insights that might not be obvious to humans, leading to better decision-making.
- Increased flexibility: Automation can help to adapt to changing business needs and processes more quickly.
- Improved customer service: Automation can help companies to respond to customer inquiries and complaints more quickly and efficiently.
Examples of Intelligent Automation (IA) in action
There are many examples of intelligent automation in action across a variety of industries. Some examples include:
- Banking: Banks are using IA to process and approve loans, as well as to detect and prevent fraud.
- Healthcare: IA is being used to assist in medical diagnoses, help with medical billing, and manage patient records.
- Manufacturing: Automated robots and other machinery are being used to increase efficiency and productivity on factory floors.
- Retail: Retail companies are using IA to personalise customer experiences and improve inventory management.
- Transportation and logistics: Companies are using IA to optimise delivery routes, improve warehouse operations, and track packages.
- IT: Network operation centres use IA to monitor and troubleshoot network issues, security operation centres use it to detect and respond to cyber threats,
- HR: IA is being used to help companies automate recruiting processes, onboarding and performance management.
Technology solutions that use Intelligent Automation
There are several technology solutions that can be considered examples of intelligent automation, including:
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) - automates repetitive, rule-based tasks such as data entry, customer service, and financial processes.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) - automates tasks that typically require human intelligence, such as decision-making, natural language processing, and image or speech recognition.
- Machine Learning (ML) - can be used to automatically identify patterns and insights in data, and to make predictions about future events.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) - automates tasks related to understanding and generating human language, such as language translation, text summarisation, and sentiment analysis.
- Computer Vision (CV) - automates tasks related to image and video analysis, such as object detection, facial recognition, and video surveillance.
- Business Process Management (BPM) software - automates and manage business processes across an organisation.
- Internet of Things (IoT) - connects and automates devices and machines, such as sensors, cameras and industrial machines.
- Chatbots - used to automate customer service tasks such as answering customer inquiries and providing product recommendations.
These are just a few examples of the many different types of technology that can be used for intelligent automation, and many of these technologies are used in combination to deliver more sophisticated solutions.
Looking for the right intelligent automation solution?
Our solutions help businesses with digital adoption, collaboration, robotics, data collection, and document management. We enable you to help your customers increase productivity and spend less time on mundane tasks so that they can focus on growing their businesses. We regularly expand our software portfolio to add solutions reflecting the ever-changing market and business processes. Simply contact us by completing our contact form or calling us at +31 30 7901 900 to receive information, prices and tailored quotes from top professionals in your area. Our dedicated team is looking forward to supporting your intelligent automation project in the best way possible!
A couple of our intelligent automation solutions include:
Kofax’s Intelligent Automation Platform helps organisations to transform information-intensive business processes, reduce manual work and errors, minimise costs and improve customer engagement.